Microsoft Office is one of the most trusted and preferred applications when it comes to performing the Office chores. There are several versions of this suite and each time Microsoft introduces new features to improve the functions. There are several programs included in Microsoft Office suite. Some of them are Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. There are other programs as well such as Access, Tools and OneNote. Microsoft Office 2007 is one of the best in the series and is more or less similar to Microsoft Office 2010. But users report several printing problems associated with Microsoft Office 2007. To resolve such Microsoft problems, Microsoft offers a wide variety of desktop applications. Let’s check them out.
Microsoft tech support instructions
- To start with, you need to reinstall the printer driver. If you cannot print Microsoft Word 2007 documents, this is the best option. You need to exit out of all the Windows programs.
- Select the button labeled “Start”. This is located at the bottom left corner of the active desktop window. A new list of options is displayed.
- From the new list of options, select the button labeled “Control Panel”. This will open the Control Panelwindow.
- Locate the folder labeled “Printer” from this folder. Depending upon the version of the Windows you are using, this option may be labeled as “Printer and other Hardware”.
- You need to locate the printer and right click on it. A list of options is displayed immediately.
- Select the option labeled “Delete” from this list. After the Printer gets deleted, you need to reinstall it again. To verify the result, you need to create a word document and print it.
- If you have trouble printing an existing document, create a new one. If the new document gets printed, you can choose a different method for the old document. To print the old document, you need to create a new template for the document.
- If the problem still persists, you need to rename the template labeled “Normal.dotm”. To do this, you need to exit the Word application. Search for the “Normal.dotm” file and change the settings for multiple hard disks.
- If there are more than one Normal.dotm, rename all of them as “Normal.old”. After completing the above process, you need to click on the “Enter” button.
Hope the above instructions were helpful and informative in resolving the Microsoft Problems. For more assistance on the same, contact the Microsoft Support team.
One among the various attractive features included in Windows 7 is the text-to-speech feature, officially known as “Narrator”, which enables your computer to read on-screen text, thereby helping those with visual impairment to work with the computer. It offers you different types of voices to select from. In order to make use of this feature, you must activate them. This article helps you to do so.
Windows 7 help Instructions
In order to activate text-to-speech in the Windows 7 operating system, you need to follow the instructions given below:
- First turn on your computer and wait for Windows 7 to load.
- Now click on the “Start” button and select the option which is given as “All Programs”. Now a list of programs will be displayed on the screen. Here, you need to click on the one which is given as “Accessories”. From the available list of accessibility options, you must choose the one named as “Narrator”.
- Now a new narrator wizard will be displayed on the screen. In the wizard, you must press the button which is labeled as “Quick Help” in order to get a short tutorial about using Narrator.
- You can manage the main settings for Narrator accessibility option by checking or unchecking the boxes which is provided beside the option which is given as “Main Narrator Settings”.
- In the main narrator settings window, you must click the tab which is labeled as “Preferences” for further customization. By clicking the option which is given as “Voice Settings” you can manage the volume, speed, and pitch of the voice.
- You can find more than one voice listed in the “Select Voice” window. You can change the voice by a simple double click over your desired new one.
- If you are in real need of further instructions on customizing and using the Narrator accessibility option, you must click the menu option which is given as “Help” and then from the available lists, you must select the one given as “Documentation”.
- Once you have finished making changes in the settings within Narrator, you must close it. You can close Narrator by either clicking “Exit” button provided or the “X” provided in the upper-right corner of the Narrator window.
You can follow these steps and activate the text-to-speech feature in Windows 7. If you need any clarifications, you can contact the Windows 7 Help and support team.
Microsoft lets the users of Windows download the latest updates that will keep their systems working in perfect condition. These updates ensure that the computer is kept equipped with the latest security features, and up-to-date with system stability components. Users of Windows computer have the option to download these crucial updates at any point of time, by enabling the “Automatic Update” feature in Windows. However, even if this feature is turned on, the system may still fail to install the updates. In order to fix such an issue, you first need to determine how it came about, and then use the proper troubleshooting steps. Many such Microsoft problems can easily be fixed if you are able to understand the root cause of the problem.
Is it really necessary to install Microsoft Updates?
Those who think that these updates are just some unwanted files that take up space on the system, need to understand that these updates are really crucial for system security and performance. Microsoft strongly suggests those people who choose not to turn on Automatic updates, to visit the Microsoft website to check if they are missing out on any essential updates. If you want to know which updates you have already installed, simply click the “Start” menu and type “Update” into the Search box. Click on “Windows Update” and select “View update history” to see the updates installed on your computer.
What if Automatic Update fails?
Is your computer not downloading or installing Windows updates? Try closing all the programs running, and then restarting the computer. If this fails to fix the error, check your internet connection. Navigate to a different web page to see if you have an active connection. Sometimes, a virus infection can stop Windows Update from installing. Use a reputed anti-virus software to scan and remove viruses if any.
Manually install Windows Updates
If the Automatic Update fails, you can perform a manual installation of Windows Updates. Go to “Windows Updates” and click the option “Check for Updates” located on the left side of the window. Once you select this option, Windows will check for available updates, and bring up a list of those available. Choose the required updates by selecting the checkbox adjacent, and click “OK” to confirm the selection. Click “Install Updates” to start the update installation.
You might now have understood how easy it is to solve a certain Microsoft problems that once appeared to be humungous tasks. Visit Microsoft help or Windows support center to avail more troubleshooting assistance.
Sometimes when you attempt to restart or shutdown your Vista computer, it may stop responding. How often have you come across situations where you had to manually press the power button to shut down your computer? Look for specific error messages and display pop ups that can give you hints about what exactly is causing the problem. Windows Vista shut down problems can be caused either due to hardware or software conflicts. However, to avoid the entire operating system being corrupted, you need to troubleshoot and fix this problem before it is too late. As compared to other Microsoft problems, Vista shut down issues can be fixed relatively easily. Here’s how you can go about doing that.
Fixing Windows Vista shut down issues
- If your Vista computer is consistently refusing to shut down, check to see if Windows is displaying any specific error messages. Sometimes Windows will display a message that a program is still working that needs to be closed first. Maybe this program is corrupted and needs to be reinstalled to fix the issue.
- If that is the case, you can reinstall this particular program by going to the Control Panel from the Start menu. In the Control Panel, look for either the Manage Programs or the Programs and Features option, and open it to see the list of programs installed in your computer.
- Locate the faulty program and highlight it. Click “Uninstall” to remove it form your computer. Before you uninstall the program, make sure you have a copy of the program to reinstall it if you want to use it in the future. After uninstalling the program, you may reinstall it once again. Reinstallation often fixes many issues associated with the programs.
- Next thing you could do is to scan your computer for viruses or other infections. Often it is the dirty game of viruses or other malicious programs that is causing Vista shut down problems. Use a good antivirus or anti malware program to scan your computer for possible infections. Removing such infections can help fix your computer shut down problems.
- A disordered hard drive can sometimes cause shut down problems. Perform disk defragment and disk cleanup actions on your computer. This will help you organize your hard drive and fix the problem.
Try to understand the root cause of such Microsoft problems and troubleshoot the issue accordingly. Get help from Microsoft Support Center in case you need advanced assistance.
“Slow and steady wins the race” is an old saying that is no longer in trend these days, where people have discovered that it the “Fast and steady” that wins the race. You’ll find this to be so when you use your personal computer for your personal and business purposes. You will never want you computer slow, as it is against time that you’ll most probably be working. Your slow computer system will not only irritate, but will also reduce the productivity by keeping the task from completion. If you find that your existing computer is outdated in its functioning speed, it is high time to upgrade the system to enhance computer speed.
You can do this speed enhancement for your computer in many ways, depending upon the condition of your PC, or on the field of application. You can use the methods shared below to enhance the performance of your computer.
Methods to Enhance your Computer Speed
- Increasing the RAM in your computer will significantly improve the computer speed. This is because it is faster to access the RAM than the hard drive, and this will improve the overall speed of the computer.
- The spindle speed of your hard drive plays an important role in deciding the speed of your computer. The higher the spindle speed in RPM, the faster will be the performance of your computer. Use a hard drive that has higher spindle speed, to increase your computer speed.
- The Disk Defragmenter and Disk Cleanup Tool found in the System Tools of the Accessories folder will improve the speed from regular use of its features. These features come with the Windows operating system, and there is a utility for the disk cleaner for Mac users, which runs automatically in the OS X operating system.
- Maintain a system free from virus, spyware and other malicious programs. Maintain a regular system scan to clean any f these programs and their presence will slow down the computer system.
- The best and most effective way to eliminate computer slow is to use a more efficient CPU. The efficiency or speed of CPU is expressed in MHz and a higher MHz rating will enhance your computer speed. All you need to do is consider the cost of replacing an existing CPU and this will help improve your computer speed.
Improving your computer speed is never much of a hassle. All you need to do is consider the tips shared above and spend some cash to on the change you wish to bring in.
Microsoft’s free instant messaging application, Windows Live Messenger, now called as MSN Messenger, provides a wonderful platform to connect instantly with family and friends. Along with the chat feature, it allows users to avail remote assistance from technical experts. Sometimes the secure and preeminent way to solve an issue is to have an expert show you how. If you don’t have this provision, go through the Microsoft Chat instructions mentioned below.
How to request Remote Assistance through MSN Messenger?
- Launch the MSN Messenger program and login to your account by providing the username and password in the desired fields. When done, hit OK.
- Now choose the Actions tab and then select the Request Remote Assistance option, from the exhibited menu list.
- Go through the contacts list to check if anyone is online who can assist you to solve these issues.
- Click on the particular contact in the list whom you wish to ask for the assistance.
- Once you complete the above steps, click on the OK tab to send the remote assistance request.
- Wait till this particular person accepts your remote assistance request.
- Once your request is accepted, you can view a pop-up message with a Yes selection in it.
- Click Yesto begin the chat session. Provide the maximum possible information about the issue to the person, to avail a relevant solution for it.
How to Provide Remote Assistance in MSN Messenger?
If anybody requests you for the technical support through MSN Messenger, then you can see a request message in your Inbox. As soon as you receive this request, click on the Accept button to view the remote assistance request.
For getting the control of the remote system after receiving the request, click on the Take control tab.
Note that, before requesting remote assistance, you must make sure that the Remote Assistance feature is enabled on your computer. If not, enable it first. For this, choose the My Computer option from the Start menu, and then select the Properties option. Click on the Remote tab, and put a check mark in the field adjacent to the Allow Remote Assistance invitations to be sent from this computer option.
Even after enabling the remote assistance feature, if you still fail to send the remote assistance request through MSN messenger, then it’s best to reach out to the Microsoft Chat team for over-the-phone help.
The SBC Global Net Email service provides Windows users online email servers that allow users to send and receive email messages using their computers. Microsoft’s Windows operating system comes with an inbuilt email and news client called Windows live Mail, which is used to connect to the SBC email servers. Microsoft developed Windows Live Mail as a successor to Outlook Express and the user can download this email program all the way from the Windows Essentials suite. Want to learn how to configure SBC Global Net Email on your Windows computer? If yes, follow the Windows Online Support guidelines briefed below to accomplish the task with the help of a few mouse clicks.
Instructions to set up SBC Global Email
- As the first step, bring up the Windows Start menu. For this, access the Start button that lies on the lower left corner of the Windows desktop interface.
- In order to view the list of applications installed on the Windows machines, you need to access the All Programs option from the Popped up Start menu list.
- Now locate and click on the Windows Mailoption in the generated programs list to launch the main email client program.
- Once the program has loaded completely, click on the Tools option in the top menu bar. This displays a drop-down menu and you have to select the Account option from the same.
- Now click on the Add button in the new window which in turn launches the email account configuration window.
- Choose POP3 as the server type from the drop-down list in the Email Account settings window.
- Now you will be able to view the following boxes: Incoming Email Server and Outgoing Email Server. Then enter pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com in the incoming server box and enter amtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com as the outgoing server type.
- In the next window that appears, you have to provide your email address and full name. The name and email address that you have entered will be displayed to the recipients.
- Finally, click on the OK tab to save the settings changes that you have just made.
Hope these Windows Online Support instructions are sufficient for configuring SBC Global Net Email on a machine running on Windows OS. For additional information on this topic, go through the FAQs given on the Windows Help website.
Windows XP is one among the popular operating systems from Microsoft, suiting very well for use in desktops – both personal and business applications, laptops and media center computers. It was released in October 2001, which later became the second most popular version of Windows. The highlight is given to its enhanced user experience and as of 2006, over 400 million copies were sold. Windows XP is known for improved stability and efficiency, as it is based on the NT kernel. It features a task based graphical user interface, and the updated Start menu and taskbar are quite noticeable.
Windows XP provides the user with several administrative privileges. In a local computer network, if a user loses the password, the administrator account can be used to reset it. While using machines running on Windows XP operating system, the administrator can be the username on the local computer or it can be the domain administrator. The Computer Management section in Windows XP can help you in resetting the password. A few Windows XP support guidelines are given below to accomplish this task.
- First, you need to log out and log in as the Windows XP administrator. If you forget these administrator details, you can use another username as long as you have administrative rights on the computers.
- Then, you should click on the Start button, and then select Run. Now you have to type “compmgmt.msc” in the text box and press the Enter key. This will open the computer management window.
- Next, you have to click on the icon labeled Local Users and Groups located on the left side of the window. This will expand a list of options.
- Under the Local Users and Groups section, there is a Users icon and you should click on it. In the details screen, a list of configured users is shown.
- Then you need to double click on the user account name whose password has been lost. Choose the Set Password option and click on Proceed.
- Now you should enter a new username and password for the user. Click the OK button. Immediately the change will come into effect. The user is now able to log into the computer using the new password.
With many user-friendly features and applications, Windows XP can be a very efficient operating system for your computer. You will get Windows XP support from Microsoft help pages or articles on similar topics listed in this website.
Do you have Microsoft problems popping up when handling applications like LifeCam VX-1000? Microsoft Life Cam series were offered by the company as low-end webcam software. This product from the reputed company had been much awaited by the community at large and just about like any other product from the company had been well received.
Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 is an entry-level model and there are enhanced models with amazing features available; this includes webcam having higher megapixel dimensions. LifeCam VX-1000 is a webcam that comes with an integrated microphone and it could capture video at a rate of 30 frames every second. This has been supplemented with VGA resolution technology accounting to 640/480 pixels. Microsoft problems with this device might arise due to the difference in the aspects of your computer and camera, which should be checked as the first step in troubleshooting LifeCam.
Instruction to fix LifeCam VX-1000
- You need to verify that the Microsoft LifeCam driver software is properly installed on your computer. The LifeCam comes to you with a disc that features the required drivers and software for the functioning of the webcam. Any problems in the software installation or its modifications might prevent the webcam from working. For this, you might have to visit Microsoft Life Cam VX-1000 support website, so as to obtain the latest software for the particular webcam.
- Next step is to check on the USB connection to and fro the webcam. You should ensure that the LifeCam’s USB cable is properly plugged into the port on your computer; it should be tight enough and provide uninterrupted signaling. There are some USB ports, which needs power source from outside for working. Such USB ports wouldn’t be suitable for LifeCam and you cannot use this device with ports of that sort. So, move LifeCam to another USB port to see, if that is the problem.
- Make sure to see if the speakers are set to the proper volume. If the volume settings are turned down to the minimum, Webcam would have a problem in functioning. This is a major problem affecting the video features of this range of Microsoft webcams. So, check the speaker settings too in the Control panel and make necessary changes.
You would find suitable solution for all kind of Microsoft problems, from the proper instructions available on the web. A step-by-step troubleshooting becomes essential to fix many problems of this sort including the errors in LifeCam.
Exchange Server 2007 is a reliable messaging system developed by Microsoft, with built-in spam and virus protection. Exchange Server 2007 includes an e-mail client, mail server and groupware applications. Using Exchange Server 2007, users can access their email, calendars or contacts from any location. Most business enterprises use the Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook, to make use of Outlook’s collaborative features, such as the ability to share contact lists and calendars.
After installing Microsoft Exchange Server on your computer in order to network client computers together, you can create an email directory for the users on the server, which is termed as Global Address List (GAL). This is almost similar to the Outlook address book, which you are already familiar with. You can delete a GAL at any point of time using the Exchange Management Shell program. But you must have the administrative privileges in order to tweak the Exchange Management Shell program. In this article, we have listed out the simple method to delete a Global Address List in Exchange 2007!
- Navigate to your Windows taskbar, and click the Start button. Click the All Programs option from the menu that pops out.
- From the All Programs list, click the Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 option and further select Exchange Management Shell from the menu that opens.
- You will see a command line field. Type in “Remove-GlobalAddressList” into the command line, and then add a space using your keyboard. Type “–Identity” right after the space and again add another space.
- Type your Global Address List domain name enclosed in quotation marks, after the space. Now add a space.
- Type in “-DomainController” after the space. Type the domain controller for the list at the end after the last space. The command which you will type into the Command line field should appear as,
Remove-GlobalAddressList -Identity “Domain Name” -DomainController ad-server.name.com
- Hit the Enter key on your keyboard to run the command you have typed. You will receive a prompt in the command line window to confirm your action to remove the list from the Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 application. Enter “Y” into the command line window to confirm the action and then press the Enter key. Quit the Exchange Management Shell application.
Like Outlook Address Book, Global Address List too has its own troubleshooting steps for editing, updating and deleting its contents. We hope you are clear with the instructions to delete a Global Address List in Exchange 2007.