Microsoft Outlook is one of the most popular desktop email clients. The Email tool kit from Microsoft allows users to configure and connect their multiple email accounts with ease. Configuring Outlook is fairly simple and easy. Follow the steps mentioned below to configure Microsoft Office Outlook with webmail.
Outlook Email setup Instructions
As the first step, contact your email service provider and gather the details of the type of mail server used, the incoming server, the outgoing server, username, password and authentication of the service.
- Power your Windows powered machine.
- Log in to the administrator account and wait for the home screen to appear.
- Click on the Start button followed by All Programs option. Click on the option that reads Microsoft Outlook from the list of applications that appear on the screen. Alternatively, you can launch Microsoft Outlook by double clicking the desktop shortcut.
- Select Tools option from the quick access tool bar. From the tools sub menu, select the Account Settings followed by Email option. Select the option New to add a new mail account.
- Now, select the type of mail server from the drop down list displayed in the Add new mail account window. Hit the Next option to proceed. Select the Manually Configure Server Settings option to custom configure your email. Hit Next to proceed to the nest stage.
- In the Manually Configure Server Settings page, select the Internet Email option. Click Next to proceed. Enter your first name and last name next to the empty fields that read the same. Enter your email address in the space next to the label Email address.
- Enter your incoming server and outgoing server details when prompted. Make sure that you have entered the correct account details.
- When prompted, enter your username and password in the respective fields.
- Hit the Test Account Settings option. Microsoft Outlook will then double-check that it can make the connection using your settings. Hit the Next option and then the Finish option to complete the configuration of your webmail account in Microsoft Outlook.
Follow the above mentioned Outlook Email setup instructions to configure Microsoft Office outlook with webmail. For more assistance and help on the same, feel free to contact our Help and Support center. You may also get assistance by visiting our tech blogs and forums.